Building Code of Australia Reports
AIS certifiers have an excellent understanding of the Building Code of Australia and are able to provide you with any advice and reports if needed for your next project.
The Building Code of Australia (BCA) details the construction requirements and which Australian Standards apply in relation to the Class of Building, including –
- Class 1a Single Dwelling
- Class 1b Bed & Breakfast, Guest House etc.
- Class 2 Building containing two (2) or more units
- Class 3 Motel, Backpackers etc.
- Class 4 Residential part of Commercial building
- Class 5 Office building
- Class 6 Shops, restaurant, retail shops
- Class 7a Car park
- Class 7b Wholesale building, storage, display
- Class 8 Production factory, etc.
- Class 9a Health care building
- Class 9b Assembly building, Public hall etc.
- Class 9c Aged care building
- Class 10a Garage, shed, carport decks etc.
- Class 10b Pools, fence, retaining walls
- Class 10c Bushfire shelter.
BCA reports are often required by Council as a condition of consent. BCA reports may also be required prior to submission to Council to ensure your proposed plan can comply to Code as designed. Having an experienced building professional carry out your BCA assessment during design may save you considerable time and money during approval and construction phases
Our assessments include a Notice of Requirements (what the Code says), Recommendations (what the Code requires) and Specifications.
Popular certification services
We can work with you to get a construction certificate and start work on your construction project as soon as possible.
Complying Development Certificates
Complying Development is a state environmental planning policy with standards that must be adhered to, we can work with you to get council approval.
We will supply you with a list of required documentation that will need to be submitted at the end of the project, enabling us to issue you with an Occupational Certificate.
Want to start your next project with us?